To participate with the Legacy Water Polo Club, all players must agree to a high standard of conduct. This standard encompasses the following list and includes sanctions for anyone who repeatedly finds themselves unable to meet these ideals.
1. Reliability — fulfill commitments; be on time to practices and games.
2. Respect — treat all people with respect all the time and require the same of other athletes.
3. Class — live andplay with class; be a good sport; be gracious in victory and accept defeat with dignity; compliment extraordinary performance, show sincere respect in all interactions, put the team above personal glory.
4. Focus — listen when a coach is talking. Direct your undivided attention to the coaches at all times.If you are talking at least three other players near you are not able to hear what the coach is saying.To maintain focus in a game situation we all need to pay attention in practice situations.Communication in the pool is key, be aware of all situations while in the pool and anticipate every situation before it happens.If you have a question, ask.
5. Disrespectful Conduct — don’t engage in disrespectful conduct of any sort including profanity, obscene gestures, offensive remarks of a sexual or racial nature, trash-talking, taunting, boastful celebrations, or other actions that demean individuals or the sport.
6. Respect Officials, Coaches, — treat all officials with respect; don’t complain about or argue with official calls or coaches decisions during or after a practice or an athletic event.
7. Role-Modeling — remember, participation in sports is a privilege, not a right and that you are expected to represent your club, coach and teammates with honor, in and out of the pool. Consistently exhibit good character and conduct yourself as a positive role model. Suspension or termination of the participation privilege is within the sole discretion of the club Head Coach.
8. Self-Control --exercise self-control; don’t fight or show excessive displays of anger or frustration; have the strength to overcome the temptation to retaliate.
9. Concern for Others — demonstrate concern for others; never intentionally injure any player or engage in reckless behavior that might cause injury to yourself or others.
10. Teammates — help promote the well-being of teammates by positive counseling and encouragement or by reporting any unhealthy or dangerous conduct to coaches.
11. Play by the Rules — maintain a thorough knowledge of and abide by all game and competition rules.
When a player’s behavior becomes unacceptable to the coach on deck, the player will be given a verbal warning, a second reprimand will result in the player being asked to exit the pool and sit and watch the play from the deck nearby, a third reprimand will result in the parents being called to take the player immediately home.If a player is removed from practice three times, they will not be allowed to complete the session and there will be no refund of the session fees.
I have read and understand the requirements of this Code of Conduct. I understand that I’m expected to perform according to this code and I understand that there may be sanctions or penalties if I do not.